What’s Quilt Camp?
Two common reasons women enjoy quilt guilds are the camaraderie and the opportunity to learn from and be inspired by other quilters. Quilt Camp lets you take advantage of both of those things during one fun-filled Saturday. We offer a choice of 7-8 different classes, each taught by one of our talented guild members. “Campers” choose one (1) morning class and one (1) afternoon class. We’ll provide the instruction, you provide the positive energy and your own supplies. It’s a great day.
Quilt Camp is held every March during National Quilt Month. Quilt Camp 2012 was held on Saturday, March 31st. Co-Chairs Karen M. & Ruth G. began our day with breakfast @ 8:30 am and sprinkled fun raffles throughout the day. There were morning session of classes followed by the afternoon sessions. Once again, tuition was a big bargain at 1 FQ (fat quarter) per class.
Some of our very talented Guild Members volunteered to share their expertise, and presented the following classes at Quilt Camp:
- Joan O. – Applique “Learn the Art of Hand Applique, While Working On A New Quilt Block”
- Judy K. – Quilting “Tips & Tricks for Producing Small, Even, Hand- Quilting Stitches” (Practice)
- Michele M. – Embroidery “Embroidered Memories (A Project, Using a Fabric Photo)
- Alice G. – Applique: “Hearts w/Inside & Outside Curves” (6″ block)
- Lynn R. – Piecing: “Working with Curved Pieces”
- Marian S. – Sewing/Household Gifts: “A 10-Minute Table Runner”
- Mary C. – Sewing/Handbags: “A Quilted Bag” (Using “Very Bradley” style placemats)
- Peg S. – Paper-Piecing: Make a Kindle or Nook Cover
- Ruth C. – New Blocks: “The Disappearing 4-Patch”
Be sure to check out the Show & Tell tab for pictures of some completed projects.