We’re starting off May with an amazing program – Eugenia Barnes, a certified quilt appraiser will be our guest speaker. Those who have heard her speak in the past rave about her presentations so we’re in for a real treat!
Things to remember to bring to the meeting:
- “Baby” themed fabric Fat Quarter (18×22″) if you wish to participate in the FQ raffle
- President’s Challenge 8.5×11″ Journal block
- Your nametag for a raffle ticket when you sign in – please note it is important that you sign in with Membership at every meeting. Anyone found to be present, but not signed in will be stitched in the ditch. :)
- A shareable dessert if Hospitality sent you a postcard
- Your completed April BOM for a chance to win fabric
- For those interested in remembering our troops this May, Gilma will be collecting donations for Operation Veronica. Operation Veronica is a non-profit group of women that meet in Rocky Point every Friday to make and ship out comfort items to the troops fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are in need of basic toiletries for men and women as well as snacks. No aerosol sprays. For example, razors, shave gel, foot powder, liquid soap, hand sanitizer, deodorant, bug spray, sanitary napkins, tampons etc. Examples of snacks , M and M’s whoppers, chips, nuts, candy, really anything except for chocolate that melts easily.