Welcome back quilters – we’re looking forward to seeing everyone after a wonderful summer. A few reminders for tonight:
- If you haven’t already submitted your membership form & payment, please print out the membership form from our site and bring a check made out to Huntington Quilters. Payments must be received by November 1st, or you will no longer be considered a member and we will begin welcoming new members from our current waiting list.
- REMINDER – you must check in w/ Membership at every meeting so we have an accurate count of attendees and can ensure the safe departure of all in the case of an emergency.
- Fat Quarter Raffle – Please bring a FQ (18×22″) of any UGLY fabric you have – note for this round you must include your name on the fabric (for a laugh), and if you win, you do have to take the winnings, ugly or not!
- Name tags – Don’t forget, if you wear your name tag, you are entered to win a 1/2 yard of fabric!
- Programs has an amazing “Station Rotation” program planned for the evening’s event – four members will demonstrate some great skills and projects to the group. This will certainly get your fall creative juices flowing!
- Tonight we will be honoring Norma Gaeta from Sentimental Stitches, a long-time supporter of our guild and owner of one of our favorite quilt shops – we miss it already!
- BOM 2011-2012 Sample Show & Tell – Please bring your completed quilts/quilt tops made from last year’s BOM Star Sampler for Show & Tell. We can’t wait to see all of the combinations!
- For those already off & running with the 2012-2013 BOM Log Cabin block, please bring in your September block for display and a chance to win some fabric! See post below as well as updated BOM tab for the TWO October blocks.
- Raffle Quilt – Thanks to the hard work of many of our members as well as RQ Chairs Lucie & Michele, we have a wonderful quilt to raffle this year. One of the only conditions of membership in our guild is the requirement that each member sell four raffle books. The raffle drawing takes place during the guild’s December Holiday Party/meeting. Please see Karin W and Karen D to pick-up your raffle books.
See you tonight!