Membership Reminders from Rosy and Bette:
- Fat Quarter for October is black solids/ blenders or white solids/ blenders. Bring your black or white FQ and you might win a stack of FQs to add to your fall and winter projects.
- Wear your name tag and get in on the raffle to win a half yard of glow-in-the-dark fall fabric!
- Renew your membership for 2016-17 if you haven’t already done so. Download your renewal form at the HQ web site and submit it with your $30 check payable to Huntington Quilters at our October meeting. The new members-only directory will be available online soon.
Updates from Jean and Alyson regarding Programs:
- Anthony the scissor sharpener will be at our NOVEMBER meeting, not the October meeting.
- Don’t forget about our PIN CUSHION SWAP. It’s not too late to join in the fun! If you would like to participate, please bring a 10-12” square of fabric that you would like included in the pincushion that someone will make for you. Please pin your name on the fabric. The pin cushion exchange will be at the April 2017 meeting, so plenty of time to complete it.
- October- Presentation and vending by The QUILT BASKET, of Pauling, NY. They will be vending, so bring some spending money!
And a note about workshops offered by the Eastern Long Island Quilt Guild:
Eastern Long Island Quilt Guild will be hosting a local quilt day on October 8th from 9:39-4 in beautiful Peconic, NY at the Peconic Receation Center on Peconic Lane. Three different workshops are available on that day:
- Making a TShirt Quilt Or
- Making a tote bag with your scraps Or
- Making a fabric bowl
The cost of each workshop is $25
Please bring your lunch, a beverage and a snack to share. If interested contact Brigitte Mazzaferro she will have a copy of the workshop supply list for interested individuals.
Thank you for considering this event.