BLOCK OF THE MONTH FOR 2022 – 2023 Bette I. and Barbara G.
The guild’s block of the month projects will be handed out at the meetings. Instructions will also be sent to all members via email.
HUNTINGTON QUILTERS GUILD BLOCK OF THE MONTH INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2022-2023
You will be keeping each of the blocks you make. In June, we’ll give you some ideas for using your blocks in a completed project. Each month that you complete a block, you’ll be eligible for that month’s BOM raffle prize. There will be a special prize drawing for members who complete a project with their blocks.
More on that later on.
Here is some general advice. These are small blocks (6 1/2”) with small pieces so:
(1) Use small prints, lots of solids and tone-on-tones. Throw in a few fun medium sized prints here and
there. You can choose a limited color palette (Bette’s choice—using beachy colors), monochromatic
palette using only lights/mediums/darks in a single color, or a scrap happy, anything goes palette
(Barbara’s choice—so colorful).
(2) Keep to a color scheme within each block, with light, medium and dark for contrast.
(3) Starching your fabrics first will help.
(4) Measure, cut and stitch accurately.
(5) Ironing will help.
(6) Finally, don’t be a slave to our color or layout suggestions; be a rogue now and then.
We’ll also have a couple of Bonus Blocks, in addition to the monthly block, along the way. Those will be raffle blocks.
Any questions? Please contact one of us.
Bette I and Barbara G.